Friday, August 21, 2009

Magazine Story

Looking for something to do with my 100,000 magazines that I have some sort of crazy attachment to - (new flooring coming tomorrow - must-get-rid-of-things ...)

so i googled it
naturally one idea i got was to call nursing homes/women shelters in the area. Well, i did.
it was kind of scary AND WIERD calling these people to see if they want my old Marie Claire..
the best part was calling the shelter which is a really private operation for obvious reasons and having some STRONG A$$ WOMAN on the other line ask me ... "WHY do you want to know !??!" (if this is a women shelter)!!
i was nervous and it was awkward!
BUT I trudged on and in the end, I'm happy to say I now have two places to make deliveries of old Marie Claires and Martha's Living magazines tomorrow.

one of them is a women shelter :)

moral of the story is, HEY just TRY it... no one's gonna actually beat you up or anything! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment